- Meet income-eligibility (
cannot exceed 115% of median household income) (add link)
- Agree to personally occupy the dwelling as their primary residence
- Be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. non-citizen national or Qualified Alien
USDA eligibility is based on the buyer and the property, and typically has the following requirements:
- The home must be in a qualified “rural” area, which the USDA typically defines as a population under 20,000 people.
- The buyer cannot make more than 15% above the local median income.
- Home must also be used as the buyer’s primary residence (not a vacation home or investment property).
What is an eligible rural area?
Utilizing this USDA's Eligibility Site you can enter a specific address for determination or just search the map to review general eligible areas.